Applications for the 2024 Regional, Rural and Remote Graduate Teacher Scholarship have now closed. Register below to be alerted when the 2025 scholarship round opens.
If you're keen for a unique, life-changing adventure while making a difference in the community, teaching in 1 of our
600 Queensland state schools located in regional, rural or remote location could be a great way to
start your teaching career!
There are a range of career and lifestyle opportunities you may not experience in the south east, including
early career progression, additional
financial benefits (for transfer rated TR4–TR7 schools) and subsidised housing (where available). Relocation assistance may also be provided.
Why you should apply
As a Regional, Rural and Remote Graduate Teacher Scholarship recipient, you could receive:
- a one-off scholarship payment of $15,000 (before tax)
- an offer of permanent employment in a Queensland state scool in a priority location.
Recipients must commence teaching in a Queensland state school from Term 1 of the year their scholarship commences for up to 3 years in 1 of the following priority locations:
The scholarships include:
- 40 STEM scholarships for candidates specialising in science, technology, engineering or maths (STEM) including primary maths, primary science and psychology
- 60 general scholarships for any teaching area excluding STEM.
Who the scholarship is for
You are invited to apply if you:
- have/expect to complete an undergraduate or postgraduate teaching degree (initial teacher education (ITE) program) at an Australian university in any teaching area
- can commence teaching in a Queensland state school in a priority location in Term 1 of the following year
- are an Australian citizen or a person who resides in Australia and has permission, under a Commonwealth law, to work in Australia.
Mid-year graduates who have already commenced employment with the Department of Education and/or have received an offer of permanent employment for Term 1 of the following year can apply.
Candidates who will graduate from the ITE program in the current year and have received an offer of employment can apply.
How to apply
Applications for the 2024 Regional, Rural and Remote Graduate Teacher Scholarship for preservice teachers graduating from an ITE program in 2023 who were ready to teach in a Queensland state school from Term 1 2024 have now closed.
Preservice teachers who graduate from their ITE program in 2024 may be eligible to apply for the 2025 Regional, Rural and Remote Graduate Teacher Scholarship. Register your interest below and sign up for the
Teach Queensland socials to receive an alert when more information is available.
If you have any questions about this scholarship, contact the Scholarships and Grants team by email at
email@example.com or by phone (07) 3055 2969.