What we expect of our teachers
Teachers play a critical role in each school community as they contribute to the success of students and the school itself. As a teacher, you’re responsible for planning, preparing and delivering effective learning and teaching programs for every student in your classes. You also have an important role in contributing to school planning and assisting with the management of school resourcing.
As a teacher in Queensland state schools, you’re expected to perform the following tasks and activities:
- Plan, prepare and deliver quality and effective teaching and learning programs in line with the
Australian Professional Standards for Teachers.
- Maintain your competency and current knowledge of relevant curriculum programs.
- Create supportive learning environments and effective behaviour management practices for your classes.
- Provide for the physical, social, cultural and emotional wellbeing and safety of students while at school and assist in their progression towards inclusion.
- Assess students for developmental, feedback and reporting purposes.
- Maintain student records and samples of work and meet with students, parents, and the department to report on student performance as needed.
- Collaborate on the development and evaluation of the curriculum and regularly monitor, through observation and evaluation, the effectiveness of the teaching program.
- Participate in school decision-making and professional development.
- Establish and maintain strong interpersonal relationships between the school and community in keeping with
- Complete our
mandatory induction program.
- Create teaching and learning environments that have child/student health and safety at their centre.
Want a rewarding career in education?
We provide a range of benefits, incentives and experiences to support you to
progress your teaching career in our schools. Because we know that a happy, engaged and supported teacher will provide the best learning experience for students.
You can apply to work as a teacher in our state schools at any time, as our teacher recruitment pool remains open all year.
Apply to teach with us today