The Restart Teaching online professional development program supports Queensland state school teachers to meet renewal of registration requirements with the Queensland College of Teachers (QCT).
Specifically, the program supports registered teachers to meet requirements for:
Restart Teaching is a Queensland College of Teachers (QCT) endorsed RTT program.
Restart Teaching is a 20-hour program, delivered through the department's eLearning environment The Learning Place. It provides teachers returning to the classroom the opportunity to understand the current curriculum frameworks, teaching and learning practices, and legislative and legal responsibilities that are central to working with students in contemporary Queensland state school settings.
The program consists of four online modules.
- Module 1: Returning to the Teaching Profession (self-paced module)
- Module 2: Positive Learning Environments (self-paced module)
- Module 3: Teaching in the Contemporary Classroom (facilitated module)
- Module 4: Engaging the Contemporary Learner (facilitated module)
Modules 1 and 2 are self-paced over a 6 week period, and must be completed within the allocated session time, prior to commencing modules 3 and 4. Modules 3 and 4 are fully facilitated over a 6 week block. During modules 3 and 4, participants will work with an experienced online facilitator to complete the program. Each facilitator is a current qualified working teacher.
2019 Course Dates
|Semester One 2019||4 March – 26 April 2019||6 May – 14 June 2019|Program requirements
The Restart Teaching program is open to all:
- current Queensland state school teachers
- teachers returning to teaching in Queensland state schools after extended leave or a period of absence
- teachers seeking employment in Queensland state schools.
To receive a Restart Teaching certificate of completion, participants are required to:
- answer all module 1 and 2 self-paced online activities with 100% accuracy
- complete module 3 and 4 workbooks to a satisfactory standard as deemed by the online facilitator.
On completion of the Restart Teaching program, participants will be issued with a certificate. Participants must submit this certificate to the Queensland College of Teachers (QCT) as evidence that they have met the RTT condition associated with their teacher registration. Alternatively, teachers may use the certificate as evidence of Continuing Professional Development (CPD).
The program cost is $440 (including GST).
Registrations for the Semester One 2019 intake are now open, register online to participate.
For more information on the Restart Teaching program please email email@example.com.
Information about requirements for renewal of registration is available from the Queensland College of Teachers.