Start your teaching career with permanent employment and a one-off payment to assist you with study and employment expenses like paying a HECS debt, association or union fees, or teaching resources.
Who the scholarship is for
We are offering up to 40 generalist graduate teaching scholarships and up to 32 STEM graduate teaching scholarships to final year preservice teachers who are willing to teach in a regional, rural or remote Queensland state school.
Specifically, you must:
- expect to complete an undergraduate or postgraduate
initial teacher education program at an Australian higher education institution in 2021 and have a teaching specialisation in:
any teaching area (general scholarship candidates); or
- science, technology, engineering, mathematics (STEM scholarship candidates)
- be willing to commit to commence teaching in a Queensland state school in a priority region in semester 1 2022
- have completed (mid-year graduates) or provide evidence (end-of-year graduates) of working through the department's
application for teacher employment requirements
- have obtained (mid-year graduates) or provide evidence (end-of-year graduates) of applying for
teacher registration with the Queensland College of Teachers
- be an Australian citizen or have permanent residency status in Australia.
Priority regions include
Darling Downs-South West,
Far North Queensland or
Why you should apply
If successful, you could receive:
- a one-off financial payment of up to $15,000 (*before tax)
- an offer of **permanent employment in a priority region, including Central Queensland, Darling Downs-South West, Far North Queensland or North Queensland.
* Please contact the ATO and Centrelink (if applicable) for any implications this payment may have on current and future earnings/taxable income/benefits received.
** Those who already have an offer of employment can apply.
Read the detailed information on the
fact sheet (PDF, 190KB) (including the selection process and terms and conditions), gather
all the supporting documents as outlined in the
application documentation checklist (PDF, 191KB) and apply online via the Smart Jobs website by 24 October 2021.
If you have any questions about this scholarship, please contact the Scholarships and Grants team, Human Resources Branch by email
email@example.com or phone (07) 3055 2969.