The Morayfield Teacher Education Centre of Excellence (MTECE) was established to prepare teachers for working in state schools in low socioeconomic status (SES) areas.
The MTECE is based at Morayfield East State School. The Head of each TECE is an experienced teacher and has demonstrated high quality coaching and mentoring skills.
The MTECE program:
- provides an enhanced preservice teacher program to prepare selected high achieving preservice teachers to work in Queensland state schools
- makes stronger connections between the theoretical basis and practical reality of teaching to improve pedagogical practice and discipline knowledge
- provides a structured mentoring experience with trained experienced teachers to support preservice teachers
- provides participants with an extensive preparation and transition program to support improved outcomes for students
- develops a comprehensive, coherent and sustained induction system that supports educators to become highly skilled, committed and caring professionals
- develops schools as professional learning communities with a culture that expects educators to be reflective and collegial about their practices.
The MTECE program is targeted at high quality final year preservice teachers who are completing a degree in Early Childhood, Primary or Secondary Education.
All preservice teachers in the MTECE are matched with experienced teachers who support and mentor them for up to one year, for a minimum of 100 hours of professional learning in addition to university program requirements.
This will include:
- summer and winter school intensive professional learning programs
- other school-based professional learning opportunities
- university practical placements and internships
- additional professional experience.
On successful completion of all program requirements, and meeting the Department’s criteria for permanent teacher employment, MTECE graduates will receive:
- an early conditional offer of permanent employment in a high priority state school, as identified by Human Resources
- the opportunity to participate in the Pipeline for Success professional development program in the North Coast Region
- access to existing
scholarships and grants, where eligible.
Application and selection process
Complete the online application through Smart Jobs and attach the relevant documentation as per the advertisement.
Enquiries and further information
Please email your name, university, course and graduation semester/year to the Head of TECE at
firstname.lastname@example.org or telephone (07) 5428 8431.