The Logan City Teacher Education Centre of Excellence (LCTECE) was established to build the capability, readiness and resilience of best-fit, early-career teachers for Logan City state schools.
The LCTECE is based at Mabel Park State School. The Head of each TECE is an experienced teacher and has demonstrated high quality coaching and mentoring skills.
The LCTECE aims to:
- attract best-fit preservice teachers for professional experience and employment in Logan City primary and secondary state schools
- invest significantly in the learning journey of best-fit preservice teachers, in partnership with Logan City state school principals, key beginning teacher mentors, Higher Education Institutions (HEIs) and regional HR teams
- select participants using a rigorous application and selection process
- equip participants to teach in Logan City state schools, using a differentiated professional learning package, for up to one year
- employ LCTECE graduates in Logan City state schools in partnership with principals and regional HR teams.
The LCTECE offers unique professional learning experiences, including their signature Leaders of Learning program.
Leaders of Learning
Leaders of Learning is designed for highly capable education students who have a strong desire to 'be the difference' in the lives of their students, and who are willing to learn, change and grow through challenge and feedback.
It is expected that successful applicants will complete six months as Leaders of Learning, in addition to their initial teacher education program requirements.
Commitment to the program requires:
- 100 hours of differentiated learning experiences, hosted in partnership with key stakeholders of Logan City schools and community organisations
- Meeting the Department’s minimum eligibility criteria for an early conditional offer of permanent employment in a state school post-graduation.
Application and selection process
Complete the online application through Smart Jobs and attach the relevant documentation as per the advertisement.
Enquiries and further information
Please email your name, university, course and graduation semester/year to Logan City TECE at
email@example.com or telephone 0475 949 193.