Start your teaching career with permanent employment and a one-off payment to assist you with study and employment expenses like paying a HECS debt, professional association and union fees, or other beginning teacher expenses i.e. professional attire or teaching resources.
Who the scholarship is for
We are offering up to 72 scholarships to primary or secondary preservice teachers who willing to teach in a rural or remote Queensland state school. Specifically, you must:
- expect to complete an undergraduate or postgraduate initial teacher education program at an Australian Higher Education Institution in 2019
- be willing to commit to commence teaching in a Queensland state school in a priority region upon graduation
- be an Australian citizen or have permanent residency status in Australia.
Why you should apply
If successful, you could receive:
- a one-off financial payment of up to $15,000 (before tax)
- an offer of permanent employment in a priority region including Central Queensland, Darling Downs-South West, Far North Queensland or North Queensland region.
Submit an application and supporting documents on the SmartJobs website by 28 July 2019.
SmartJobs to check if you're eligible and find out about the selection process and terms and conditions.
If you have any questions about this scholarship, please contact the Scholarships and Grants team by email firstname.lastname@example.org or phone (07) 3055 2969.