Beyond the Range Professional Experience Grants for 2018 are now open.
If you're an eligible preservice teacher, you can apply to receive financial benefits to support your professional experience placement in a
Queensland state school which will provide you with an opportunity to engage with a supportive and diverse school community, and experience living and working in a high priority region.
You could receive:
- a payment of up to $5,000 to assist with travel, accommodation, and other related expenses for up to two eligible placement/s per semester in 2018
- access to departmental resources, information and additional support to prepare for the placement
- access to departmental, state school, local community and regional networks.
To be eligible for a grant, you must:
- be undertaking full-time study in your second, third or fourth year of an undergraduate or postgraduate initial teacher education program at an Australian higher education institution
- be planning to undertake a placement in a
Queensland state school that is located at least 90 minutes travel each way from your primary residence while at university
- have displayed a high level of academic achievement and effective classroom practice in previous placements (where applicable)
- hold a current
Blue Card or provide evidence of making a recent application.
Preference will be given to candidates who undertake their placement in a Queensland state school with a
transfer rating of 3-7 within a high priority region of Central Queensland, Darling Downs-South West, Far North Queensland or North Queensland.
If you been granted a Permission to Teach, you are not eligible to apply for this grant.
How to apply
Complete an online application and questionnaire through SmartJobs, provide supporting documentation and acknowledge the terms and conditions for:
Applications for the grant/s should be submitted no later than six weeks prior to departure for each eligible placement/s. Submission of an application later than six weeks (or submission of an incomplete application) could result in a retrospective payment.
Payments for the placement/s will occur four weeks prior to departure providing the appropriate supporting documentation has been submitted.
Candidates who commenced a placement in Term 1, 2018, are eligible to submit an online application.
Enquiries and further information
Enquiries may be directed to
firstname.lastname@example.org or (07) 3055 2969.