Applications are now open
Apply now for Semester 2, 2017 Beyond the Range Professional Experience Grants.
If you're an eligible preservice teacher, you can apply to receive financial benefits to support your professional experience in one of our
rural or remote Queensland state schools.
Completing your professional experience in a rural or remote location will provide you with a great opportunity to immerse yourself in the diversity of Queensland and make informed choices about future employment options.
Read more about the
rural and remote incentives available to teachers in rural and remote communities.
Grant recipients receive:
- a grant payment of up to $2,000 to assist with your travel, accommodation, and other related expenses for each eligible rural or remote placement in Semester 2, 2017
- access to departmental resources, information and additional support to prepare for your professional experience placement
- access to departmental, state school, local community and regional networks
- priority consideration for employment where graduation occurs within 12 months of receiving a Beyond the Range Grant.
To be eligible to apply, you must:
- be undertaking full time study in your third or fourth year of an undergraduate or final year of a post graduate initial teacher education program at an Australian higher education institution
- be planning to undertake a professional experience placement in a
Queensland state school in the relevant semester that is:
- located in a rural or remote location (with a transfer rating of 3 to 7), and
- at least 90 minutes travel each way from your primary residence while at university
- have a minimum Grade Point Average (GPA) of 5.0
- have displayed a high level of effective classroom practice in previous professional experience placements, where applicable
- hold a current
Blue Card or provide evidence of making a recent application
- be an Australian citizen, hold a New Zealand Special Category visa or have permanent residency status in Australia.
Preference will be given to applicants who undertake their professional experience placement in a rural or remote location with a transfer rating of 4-7.
How to apply
To apply, complete
the online application.
You will also be required to submit supporting documentation and agree to the terms and conditions as outlined on the application form.
You may apply for a grant to assist with the cost of each eligible rural or remote placement you undertake in Semester 2, 2017.
To enable payment before the placement commences, applications should be submitted no later than six weeks prior to departure. Submission of an application later than this could result in a retrospective payment.
Offers are for Semester 2, 2017 only and cannot be deferred.
Enquiries and further information
Enquiries may be directed to
email@example.com or by telephone on (07) 3055 2969.
Image courtesy of Tourism and Events Queensland.