Looking for a challenging and creative career, where you can make a real difference?
Aspiring Teacher Grants provide a one-off grant of $2,500 for up to 25 high-achieving Year 12 graduates who receive an OP between 1 and 6, and commence an undergraduate initial teacher education program in 2019.
A further 25 Grants are available for a one-off payment of $5,000 for Year 12 graduates coming from a rural or remote location who also receive an OP between 1 and 6, and commencing an undergraduate initial teacher education program in 2019.
To be eligible for an Aspiring Teacher Grant, you must:
- successfully complete Year 12 at a Queensland state or non-state school during the current calendar year
- obtain an Overall Position (OP) of 1 to 6 at completion of study in the current calendar year
- commence an initial teacher education program at a Queensland Higher Education Institution in the first semester in the year following completion of year 12 schooling
- have not already been offered or accepted a scholarship or grant from the Department to support their tertiary studies
- be an Australian or New Zealand citizen or have permanent residency status in Australia.
Rural or remote applications
In addition to the general eligibility criteria above, in order to be eligible for the $5,000 Rural or Remote Aspiring Teacher Grant, your residential address must fall within the catchment of a Queensland Government (State) School with a Transfer Rating of TR3-TR7 as per the Department of Education
Priority selection will be given to Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander students and students who reside in drought affected areas in these rural or remote locations. Drought declared regions can be viewed on the
drought situation map provided by the Department of Agriculture and Fisheries.
Successful applicants will receive the one-off lump sum payment during the first semester of study to assist with study-related expenses such as a computer, textbooks or stationery.
For students from rural or remote locations, the funds seek to assist with additional expenses often incurred such as moving from their home to undertake study. The funds will be paid after confirmation of enrolment in an eligible initial teacher education course for Semester 1 is provided.
How to apply
Apply online by
30 November 2018.
To learn more about this Grant, please email
firstname.lastname@example.org or telephone (07) 3055 2991. We also offer a range of other
scholarships and grants that you may be eligible to apply for.