Applications for this scholarship are now closed.
Are you a preservice teacher considering teaching in a rural or remote community? Let us help you get there!
The department is offering up to 40 scholarships to high-achieving primary, junior secondary or secondary preservice teachers who will finish their undergraduate or postgraduate ITE program in Semester 2, 2017.
- A one-off payment of $15,000 (before tax) to assist with study expenses and the transition to beginning teacher.
- An offer of permanent employment commencing Semester 1, 2018 as a teacher in a Queensland state school with a transfer rating of 3-7 within a priority region of Central Queensland, Darling Downs-South West, Far North Queensland or North Queensland.
- Access to a range of professional networks, resources, professional development and induction programs.
Additional allowances may be available for you under the Remote Area Incentive Scheme.
Find out more information including a list of schools by region with a transfer rating of 3-7.
To be eligible for this scholarship, you must:
- expect to graduate from an undergraduate or postgraduate ITE program in Semester 2, 2017
- be willing to commit to teaching in a rural or remote Queensland state school with a transfer rating of 3-7 for a minimum of three years commencing Semester 1, 2018
- have completed the department’s application for teacher employment requirements
- provide evidence of submitting an application for teacher registration with the Queensland College of Teachers
- be an Australian citizen or have permanent residency status in Australia.
* Minimum service commitment – TR3-TR6 – three years; TR7 – two years.
Enquiries and further information
Enquiries can be directed to the Scholarships and Grants team at email@example.com or phone 07 3055 2969.