Throughout the year, we attend and host career fairs and information sessions for preservice, graduate and experienced teachers to learn more about teaching in Queensland state schools.
We are always adding new dates to our events calendar, so check back regularly and follow us on social media for the latest event information.
2019 Teach Queensland Career Fair
The 2019 Teach Queensland Career Fair will be held on Wednesday 4 September at the Brisbane Convention & Exhibition Centre. The career fair will be open between 1–7pm and is a free event for preservice, graduate and experienced teachers.
At the career fair, you will have the opportunity to:
- talk face-to-face with school leaders and regional recruiters about employment opportunities in Queensland state schools for the 2020 school year and beyond
- gain insights from early career teachers and school leaders who are currently working in state schools across Queensland
- learn about the incentives and benefits available to Queensland state school teachers, including locality allowances and subsidised accommodation
- explore locations for your next professional experience placement.
All attendees are required to register, including friends, partners and family members. Registration will give you the opportunity to:
- download the free Teach Queensland Career Fair event app to access your ticket, find information about the venue, view the seminar program and read speaker biographies
- gain quick and easy access into the career fair so you can start networking sooner
- ensure your details are up-to-date and readily available to recruiters so you can be considered for employment opportunities after the career fair.
Register now and follow the Teach Queensland Facebook page for the latest updates on the Teach Queensland Career Fair.
Request an information session
Our Education Career Ambassadors are a dedicated group of teachers who represent the state schooling sector at a range of career and employment events, including information sessions at Higher Education Institutions.
They are passionate about sharing their extensive knowledge about the teacher application process, high priority curriculum areas/locations, support for beginning teachers, and stories from their real life teaching experiences.