If you're ready to begin your teaching career in Queensland state schools, the first step is to submit your application. We accept applications to our recruitment pool all year. While being in this pool doesn't guarantee employment, it does mean you'll be considered for upcoming positions. It's also a good idea to continue to be proactive and
apply for specific vacancies as well.
When to apply
For graduate applicants it is recommended that you lodge your application form as early as possible in the year you are completing your qualification. This ensures you can be considered for offers of employment immediately following the completion of your course.
For general applicants, submission of your application for teacher employment form can occur at any time. If you are an interstate teacher, you may be eligible for the
Interstate Teacher Recruitment Program.
Looking for current vacancies
While completing the teacher employment process, you are welcome to apply for any specific
current vacancies that may be available.
Let us know you're looking
If you're an applicant teacher, please contact our
regional recruiters and individual school principals directly to let them know what kind of teaching job you're looking for. Check out the map of
our schools to find out where they're located and principal contact details.
Teacher employment process
- Download and complete the
application for teacher employment form (PDF, 851KB)
- Collate the following supporting documentation ensuring they are certified by a
Justice of the Peace or an
- Formal qualification/s
- Academic transcript (unofficial academic transcript for graduate applicants)
- Statements of service and/or verifiable teaching experience
- Identification documents - i.e. birth certificate or passport and if applicable, working visa, marriage or change of name certificate
- Submit your completed application form and supporting documentation via the online application form below.
- Our Teacher Applicant Centre (TAC) will confirm via email that the application has been processed, and will provide an identification number. If further information is required for your application, TAC will contact you directly.
- Applicants are offered employment based on vacancy requirements.
- Follow us on
social media and sign up for our newsletter.
Please note: Your application will no longer be active if you do not undertake teaching employment with the department for a period of 12 months.
Online teacher application form
For assistance lodging your application below, please refer to the
quick reference guide to completing your online application (DOCX, 748KB) or contact the Teacher Applicant Centre directly on 1300 832 244 or email