If you're ready to embark on your teaching career, it's worth checking that you meet all the eligibility requirements before you apply. Here are all the details you need.
Before you apply for a teaching job in Queensland state schools, make sure you hold the
relevant qualifications for the teaching position you are applying for.
To be eligible to teach in any school in Queensland you are required to have teacher registration with the Queensland College of Teachers.
If you do not yet have teacher registration, you may still start applying for jobs with the department as long as you are eligible and able to obtain teacher registration prior to starting employment.
Minimum entry requirements needed to be eligible for employment as a teacher in Queensland state schools:
- Registration with the
Queensland College of Teachers or evidence of application, or eligibility for registration
- Have, or be eligible to obtain a valid Australian Visa with work rights (if you are not already an Australian Citizen or resident)
application for employment
- Copies of final
Professional Experience Report (PDF, 880KB), showing either 'Graduate level' or 'Exceeding Graduate Level' if a graduate applicant
- Not previously been excluded from employment as a teacher with the department.
These minimum requirements demonstrate that teacher applicants may be eligible to be employed by the department.
Other supporting information
Aside from the above minimum mandatory requirements, a principal or departmental hiring authority may request further information or evidence to determine the suitability of an applicant for their school. This may include:
- Academic transcripts
- Copies of all professional reports
- Resumes or Curriculum Vitae
- Most current referee statement or contact details
- Evidence of lesson planning or work samples