Consider relevant opportunities
Our teacher application team will review your application when it is submitted.
If you have submitted all the required information and supporting documentation, you will receive a confirmation email.
If you haven’t submitted all the required details, they will confirm the additional information required and will be unable to process your application until this is received.
When your application has been processed, you will receive an email which will provide you with your identification number, which will become your employee ID, so keep it somewhere safe. Your details will be provided to Principals and recruitment teams as vacancies become available.
You are unable to commence employment in a Queensland state school until you have completed your teaching qualification and have teacher registration with the QCT.
If you selected ‘casual’ in your employment preferences, our TRACER team will also get in touch with you to complete your TRACER profile, and provide you with further details about casual opportunities.
You can also be proactive in your job search and expand the number of opportunities available to you by:
- expanding your location preferences to include other geographic areas so you can be considered by more schools with vacancies
- following Teach Queensland on social media as we regularly highlight interesting opportunities for teachers
- setting up a job alert on the Queensland Government SmartJobs website. While the majority of roles are filled through our teacher recruitment pool, from time to time, we advertise a range of teaching vacancies and you can also apply directly for these roles
- attending our next career fair to connect with regional recruiters about current and future opportunities in their schools
- networking with schools of interest—check out the interactive map of our schools across Queensland through the schools directory.